Σελίδες

Apricot Bites

1:11 μ.μ.

Hello hello!Now that summer is JUST around the corner, the farmer's market in our area is filled with the wonderful smell and bright color of apricots.I've always loved the taste of dried apricots but  not so much of the fresh fruit really.To be honest, the fluffy and "furry" skin of apricots and peaches gives me the chills.I cannot stand it so I always peel the skin off before I eat them.Weird of me huh?Comment below if this happens to any of you.I am looking forward to realising I am not the only one in this world that gets freaked out by the fluffy skin of a fruit.
The recipe I have for you today is super easy, requires only 4 INGREDIENTS, 10 MINUTES and a food processor to make.It consists of dried apricots, dates, almonds and coconut which all tie together into scrumptious chewy little bites of sweet and fruity goodness!Unbelievably good on top of ice cream or dipped in melted chocolate.Refined sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan and incredibly tasty!Warning: once you make them you won't be able to stop yourself from eating 10 of them at once.They are that good!





 It kinda looks like an apricot delight and to be honest, that was my intention when I was thinking about that recipe. We have a traditional sweet treat here in Greece called lukumia (nothing like lucuma), which is basically a soft, jelly candy covered in icing sugar and most commonly rose-scented.I highly recommend you try them when you are visiting Greece!



Apricot Bites

 Serves: ~15 bites
 Prep. Time: 10'
Total Time : 10'


Ingredients:

  • 250 g (1 1/2 cups) dried apricots
  • 40 g (1/4 cup) pitted dates
  • 30 g (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
  • 40 g (1/3 cup) almonds
  • pinch of salt

Method:

  1. Process your almonds, salt and coconut together in a food processor into a fine powder.
  2. Add the dried apricots and dates and process again till the mixture sticks together and forms a "ball" in your food processor.
  3. Shape the dough into a long roll with your hands and roll into shredded coconut. Cut to desired size pieces and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 σχόλια

Instagram