Σελίδες

Rich Chocolate Cake (Vegan)

3:28 μ.μ.

Well, here I am again with a lovely recipe for you.Rich Decadent Chocolate Cake with only 7 INGREDIENTS, 1 bowl and a whisk required!I haven't had cake in what seems like months, but I have to say this one totally made up for that cake-absence time in my life.Moist, sweet and generously glazed, perfect with a cup of warm coffee or served with fruit and peanut-butter as an indulging breakfast.
NO dairy or eggs required to make this delicious dssert.Who said a plantbased diet includes only lettuce and bananas?I'm here to prove wrong to those who did say such thing and inspire everyone to get in the kitchen and work with whatever ingredients they have.That's the way that recipe came to life.More specifically speaking, this recipe has the same base as my Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pancakes (if you haven't tried them make them now ,they are amazing).I just switched up the peanut butter for tahini and added a bit more sugar and almond milk.
You can also use coffee instead of almond milk, as it brings out the chocolate flavour even more.If you are an orange-chocolate combination lover you can definitely substitute with orange juice and add a bit of orange zest to spice things up.Next time, I'll add walnuts or dried apricots because I'm a sucker for different textures in food.If a cake is too dry, I won't like it and if a soup is straight up liquid I won't eat it.That's the reason I glaze my cakes generously and I eat soups (that happens very rarely) with a piece of toasted bread or croutons in it.

Enough rambling!I hope you give this one a go.If you do,let me know how it went and if you liked it.Wish you all a wonderful day, full of cake!


Rich Chocolate Cake

 Serves: 13 pieces
 Prep. Time: 15'
 Baking Time: 40'
Total Time: 55'


Ingredients:

For the cake:

  • 2 cups spelt flour (or all-purpose or whole-wheat)
  • 1 cup cacao powder
  • 1/2 cup tahini
  • 2 cups almond milk (or orange juice or coffee)
  • 1 cup + 4-6 tbs sugar (depends on your preferred sweetness level)
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
  • pinch of salt

For the glaze:

  • 4 tbs cacao powder
  • 4 tbs agave syrup 
  • 2-4 tbs almond milk

Method:

1.Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius (320F).
2.Whisk the tahini, almond milk, sugar, vinegar and vanilla extract into a bowl.Let it sit for 5 minutes.
3.Into the same bowl shift the flour and cacao powder.Add in the baking powder, salt and mix until the flour is just incorporated.
4.Grease a cake pan with oil and pour in the mixture.Bake for 40 minutes (I used the fan setting and the third rack of my oven).Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before you take it out of the pan.
5.Mix the glaze ingredients and pour onto the cake.Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 σχόλια

Instagram