Σελίδες

Fluffy Bagels

4:35 π.μ.

I have a recipe for the best vegan, oil-free bagels for you today.It requires only 5 ingredients and is very easy to follow.I used two types of flours, half whole wheat and half multigrain.The results were amazing and I knew I had to share the recipe with the world.So tasty you will want to eat them all at once.Crispy on the outside and extremely fluffy on the inside with crunchy bits of nuts from the multigrain flour.Perfect with vegan cream cheese, peanut butter or vegan nutella, they make an excellent breakfast, lunch or snack.



Fun Fact: I've never had an authentic bagel in my life.It isn't a typical food here in Greece and I decided to try it out (the vegan way of course).I am so impressed, I'm going to be making them on a regular basis.However, I have to admit that the process requires some extra time and intermediate planning skills, BUT I can guarantee the results are going to please your belly and soul, so don't hesitate and get in the kitchen.You can totally do this!

There are three main phases.The resting, boiling and baking phase all of which are pretty simple.If you have a mixer with a dough attachment you will save yourself 7 minutes, otherwise, watch a youtube video or a tv show while kneading.Makes the process go by a lot faster.

All in all, I believe you make them and enjoy them as much as I did.If you do, leave me a comment or tag me on Instagram. Good luck and have a great day!


Bagels

 Serves: 10 bagels
 Prep. Time: ~ 1 hour and 20'
 Baking Time: 30'


Total Time: ~1 hour and 50'


Ingredients:

  • 500 g flour (I used half whole wheat and half multigrain)
  • 300 ml warm water
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 9 g dry yeast
  • 1 tbs baking soda
  • toppings of choice (I used sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cayenne pepper and dried herbs)

Method:

  1. Dissolve the sugar into the warm water and add in the dry yeast.Let it sit for 5 minutes till the yeast gets activated.
  2. Place your flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the middle.Pour the yeast mixture into the well and start kneading.If you do the kneading by hand it should take around 8 minutes.If you use a mixer with a dough attachment it should take around 5 minutes.
  3. After you are done kneading, cover the bowl with a towel and let it rest for 1 hour.
  4. When the time has elapsed, separate the dough into 10 balls.Place the balls onto a baking paper lined tray. Make a hole in the middle of each ball with your fingers.Cover with a towel and let them rest again for 30 minutes.
  5. Place some paper towels on a big plate.Onto separate plates, place your toppings (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, cayenne pepper, dried herbs etc.).
  6. After 30 minutes have passed, fill a big pot with water and bring to a boil.Add the baking soda into the water and place the bagels in batches into the water. Let them cook for 30 seconds on each side.Place them on the paper towels and let them drain for a bit.Cover with the toppings and put them back onto the baking paper lined tray.Change the paper towels on the plates with some new ones and repeat the process as many times as needed.
  7. Bake the bagels for 20 minutes until golden brown.Let them cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 σχόλια

Instagram