Σελίδες

Caramel Swirl Walnut Ice cream (Vegan)

2:34 π.μ.

Summer is here and I'm off to the beach next week! I've been dreaming of swimming in the crystal clear, deep blue waters of Greece! I call myself lucky to be living in such a beautiful country with such landscape diversity. Mountains, valleys, beaches and cities so close to each other, yet so different aesthetically from one another, you will be left in awe.If Greece is not in your travel bucketlist you should definitely add it and keep in mind not only our islands are beautiful but our countryside and cities are worth visiting too!Anyway, let's get to the recipe.


Creamy, refreshing vanilla ice cream with hidden crunchy bits of caramelised walnuts and a sweet salted caramel swirl that melts in your mouth.Every lick will take you to caramel heaven and the crunchy walnuts will hit you like sugary meteorites!Doesn't that sound mouth-watering? *stops to wipe the drools * For me, a huge caramel fan, I was on a mission to recreate a vegan version of my favorite ice cream from when I was a kid, caramelised pecan (I know I used walnuts in this recipe because they are so much easier to find where I live). Well, I certainly did and I am super excited for you to try it out and comment below what you think or tag me on instagram when you make it! I need to know, alright?
I used coconut sugar to make the caramel, hence the dark brown color but you can definitely use whatever kind of sugar you desire, the result will be the same.The "ice cream" base is just blended bananas but feel free to use a coconut milk base or a store-bought vegan ice cream.This recipe is super simple to make and it will take you 30 minutes maximum!Amazing, right?The quantities I'm giving you make a huge portion so feel free to divide the measurements, however there is no way any ice cream will go to waste.At least not in my house!

Caramel Walnut Vegan Ice Cream

 Serves: ~2 litres (~70 ounces)
 Prep. Time: 30'
 Freezing Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 30'


Ingredients:

For the "butter" caramel:

  • 1/3 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar, hence the dark color)
  • 1 1/2 tbs vegan butter or margarine
  • 1 tbs coconut cream
  • pinch of salt

For the caramelised walnuts:

  • 3 tbs sugar
  • 1 cup crushed walnuts or pecans

For the ice cream:

  • 8 medium frozen bananas
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
OR
  • 2 servings of coconut milk ice cream (you can use whatever recipe you desire)
OR
  • 2 litres (70 fl oz)  store-bought ice cream

Method:

  1. Cut a piece of parchment paper and place it on a flat surface.First, caramelise the walnuts by melting the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.When the sugar is melted, add the crushed walnuts and stir with a rubber or wooden spatula.When the walnuts are covered in caramel, place them on the parchment paper and let them cool completely.
  2. Measure out the caramel ingredients.Place a saucepan over medium heat.Place the sugar into the pan and melt it without stirring it constantly, When all the sugar crystals have disappeared and the sugar has turned more brown, add the butter while mixing with a rubber spatula or a whisk.BE CAREFUL, the mixture will be very bubbly and will splatter!Add the coconut cream and let the caramel boil for 1 minute.Set aside, stir in the salt and let it cool down.
  3. Put the frozen bananas and vanilla extract into a high-speed blender and blend to ice cream consistency.
  4. Pour 1/3 of the ice cream into a freeze-safe container.Add 1/3 of the caramel sauce and 1/3 of the caramelised walnuts.Repeat 2 more times.Place the ice cream in the freezer and let it set for at least 2 hours.Devour!

You Might Also Like

0 σχόλια

Instagram